Monday, July 26, 2010

An Interesting Night Out

Saturday night, the dinner group (8 of us) went out to the Glass Grill which is a little place tucked into the corner of a small shopping strip on Eastern Ave just before the I-95 interchange heading towards the city.

This place has eclectic charm and a nice ambiance, but what makes it really unique are the blown glass sculptures, chandeliers, and bathroom fixtures. It also helps to mention that this place is also connected to McFadden Art Glass Studios which is also another cool place everyone should check out.

So, the food. At first glance of the folded paper menu, I thought to myself that the fare would be bar-type with little originality...... but I digress to say that I was wrong! The choices were creative and as I'll go on to explain, delicious.

We started things off with some creamy crab dip and an order of crispy pickles. I will say that I did not try either one, but they were fabulously well received by everyone else. The crab dip came in a bread bowl which made for a wonderful presentation and the crispy pickles...... well they were unique. Everyone was surprised at how much they liked them.

Now for the entrees.....

I had the Eastern Ave burger which was good but I asked for medium and received well-done. Anyone who knows me understands that well-done is a sin. It came with some tasty fries which appeared to be fresh hand cut.

Two people had the Ol' Sweet and Savory burger which they said was very good.

Two people ordered the Charm City Chicken Melt which looked and tasted very good. I tried some of it myself and have to say that I will be going back for more of that particular number.

One person ordered the BBQ Pulled Pork which was said to be good. I didn't get much more of an answer than that about it as they were more into the delicious blue Pina Colada that was custom made for them.

Of the last two people, one filled up on an entire order of the crispy pickles, and the other chose a Corona/Coors light platter to satisfy his hunger.

They have karaoke 3 times a week which the bartender said was quite lively. He said they have some excellent singers but we didn't stick around to find out opting to leave promptly at 9 when the first crooner started.

I really want to go back for date night at the glass blowing studio. It looks to be interesting and engaging and one things for sure, I'll be chewing some Charm City Chicken Melt next door when the date is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment